January 24, 2008

visitors

we love guests. (feel free to drop in any time) tara has yet to be too lonely. that could be because her family has been here twice in two weeks and our good friends mary and jake have also stopped by for a weekend. we have had a great time. we are all moved in (as stated in previous entry) we have wined and dined in old town pasadena and even made it to disneyland. I love dland!!!! (this is tara now, colt is teaching me about the blogging world. he says i have to have projects and things to do now, he is very busy and is trying to get me to leave his hot self alone) colt gave me a season pass to the magical kingdom for my birthday and i was so happy, i weeped. i then encouraged my dad to go all out for his twenty fifth wedding anniversary (boonanna) and next thing i knew heidi was my partner to holler on space mountain! if i can't have my weekly matinée with my sweet mom this will have to do. i love her so! we laughed all weekend. she came with calli, hannah, my aunt robin (who threw her disney pass in the garbage can and had to dig it out while being heckled) and my sweet grandma, paki!! paki never goes anywhere, i was thrilled to have her come out! at disneyland we made her get a wheelchair so we could benefit and get to the front of the lines. that made it so much nicer. we may have abused that privilege a bit? it was wonderful because she grew up just down the street in el serino. on sunday we had a tour of her old stomping grounds. we went to her school and adorable house on templeton street. we also drove past the pasadena civic center where she would boogie down with grandpa george. we then had a lovely dinner at the cheesecake factory. i (colton) almost left the restaurant with my napkin around my neck like a bandanna until i was stopped by laughter from the table of ladies. i go by the name of bandito now. paki and robin were staying down the road at the santa anita inn and the rest of the girls bunked here on air matresses. colt was a very lucky man! cousin mel and her four adorable children trecked north from temecula ((the city where tori and dean inn love reality show on the e channel was filmed) we happened to watch both seasons in one day coincidentally)) we had a fun time with baby audrey susan and ry ry, emma and matthew. we had a first taste of the souplantation with them, then came back home for a little contemporary interpretive dance session.it was great to see them. they are going to have to be our replacements for ryan and wendy and the kidlets. (we miss you guys)

No comments: